The MSC will be an enabler in the design and development of multi-disciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate educational programmes. These could include PhD tracks that align with the cluster research areas.
Inter-Professional Education (IPE) / Collaboration with Clinicians
- Inter-professional learning in some niche areas and cultivating innovation through inter-professional experiences
- Basic Science-Clinical collaboration in education is important in order to ensure the continuity of various specialties
Scientific Inquiry / Reasoning
- Building comprehensive cognitive skill, improving critical and analytical thinking, problem solving, deeper appreciation of concepts / constructs – leveraging on the logical flow of thoughts practised in the Basic Science domain.
Continuous Education & Training (CET)
- Exploring CET for both Basic and Advance modules, including NUHS-internal workshop
- Market-sensing with industry stakeholders (including clinicians): what areas CET will be needed for
- Phase 1: Pervasive use of technology for self-directed learning (webcast/tagging of certain sections of learning, Poll Everywhere, quiz) -> teaching materials become reusable learning objects for non-medical students and can be made scalable (for CET too)
- Phase 2: Interactive learning (students seeking clarification with teachers, lab work, applying knowledge -> this can be contextualised with the expected learning outcomes for the particular group of learners / students
- Phase 3: Assessment