ASCAT is an adult community psychiatric team that aims to bridge psychiatric care between the community and hospital. Our aim is to improve accessibility of psychiatric care to the community and to ensure continuity of care.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of Psychiatrists, Case Managers and Psychologists. We provide assessment and treatment of psychiatric conditions. Our staff also help patients to navigate through the wide range of services in both hospital and the community. We also provide training to primary physicians and community partners on mental health conditions through talks, case conferences and joint discussions.
- Triage and early access to the assessment clinic led by psychiatrists
- Up to 6-12 months of care
- Link to community resources
- Case management to ensure continuity of care
- Psychological interventions, such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy