PSYCHOLOGY OBSERVATION PROGRAMME 2018
Objective: To provide an early exposure to the job role of clinical psychologists in a hospital setting.
Criteria for Eligibility: This Programme is for university undergraduates who are majoring in Psychology, and are at least in their third year of study. Applicants must be proficient in English. Applicants selected for the full Programme must attend the workshop series.
POP Workshop Series: A recent initiative to benefit a greater number of students.
- A 2-day Programme targeted to provide comprehensive information towards building a career in Clinical Psychology
- Topics presented will cover the various aspects of Clinical Psychology, therapy modalities and scope of practicing psychologists in a hospital.
- Participants will hear from our psychologists on securing their career paths and acquire valuable tips
- Experiential and skills-based group therapy sessions will be conducted for participants to learn and have a feel of being in therapy.
- A panel discussion on the last day to address any specific queries from participants
POP Full Programme:
- Attendance at the Workshop Series
- A 2-week attachment with the Department of Psychological Medicine including the following:
- Attendance at academic activities: Grand Ward Rounds, Journal Clubs, and Psychotherapy Teaching Rounds.
- Direct clinical observations of individual and group psychotherapy sessions along with psychometric assessments
- Case discussions with psychologists subsequent to clinical observations
- Observations of outpatient psychiatric clinics.
- Clinical observation opportunities in the Psychiatric Ward, including multi-disciplinary ward rounds
2018 Intakes :
Open for Applications: 4 April 2018 – 7 May 2018, 23:59
Programme dates: Workshop Series – 20 & 21 June 2018
Observation Programme – 2 to 13 July 2018
Course Fee: $100 for Workshop Series; $500 for Full Programme
Interested applicants may apply via the following link: https://goo.gl/H8Pz4a
CVs will need to be uploaded on a separate link that will be provided at the end of the online application form. Kindly note that your application will only be complete after you have uploaded your CV.
Participants will be informed if they are selected for the Workshop Series or the Full Programme. Registration will be confirmed for selected participants, upon receiving payment.
Kindly note that participants selected for the Full Programme will need to provide vaccination certification or immunity proof for the following: Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, MMR.
We seek your understanding that any application submitted after the closing date will not be accepted. Application outcome will be released in early June.