The Department is offering the Observation Programme to provide an early exposure to the job role of clinical psychologists in a hospital setting.
This program is eligible for university undergraduates who are majoring in Psychology, and are at least in their 3rd year of study. Applicants must be able to speak and understand English.
- Orientation to the job requirements and scope of practicing psychologists in a hospital.
- Attendance at academic activities of the department: Grand Ward Rounds, Journal Clubs, and Psychotherapy Interest Groups.
- Direct clinical observation of clinical session such as outpatient individual and group psychotherapy.
- Observation of the functioning of the Consultation Liaison team.
- Clinical observation opportunities and participation in the Psychiatric Ward, including opportunities to attend multi-disciplinary ward round, case discussions, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Observation of psychometric assessment session and case discussion thereafter.
- Psychology presentations, whose topics will be at the presenter's discretion.
Open for Applications: 25 April 2017 - 27 May 2017, 5pm
Duration of the programme: 1-15 July 2017 (10 days)
Course Fee: $350
Interested applicants may apply with the following supporting documents to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (with photograph)
- Cover letter detailing the following:
- Tell us about yourself (e.g. hobbies, interests, goals, etc.)
- Why you want to be an intern at NUH
- What do you hope to achieve from this experience
We seek your understanding that any application submitted after the closing date will not be accepted. Outcome of application will be released in early June.