NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Medical Publications Support Unit
Kok Hong, Dedrick
Senior Lecturer, Department of Surgery
Associate Consultant, Division of Colorectal Surgery, National University Hospital
Clinical research: Colorectal cancer, Diverticulitis, Perioperative management of surgery
Basic/translational research: Mutational evolution of cancer, Cancer stem cells
1. Successful use of tissue expander and pelvic sling to exclude small bowel for high-dose pelvic irradiation. Chan DKH, Cheo T, Cheong WK. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2019 Apr 5.
2. Lower lymph node yield following neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer has no clinical significance. Chan DKH, Tan KK. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2019 Feb;10(1):42-47.
3. Asian patients with Hinchey Ia acute diverticulitis: a condition for the ambulatory setting? Chan DKH, Tan KK. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2017 Oct 31.
4. Accredited residents perform colonoscopy to the same high standards as consultants. Chan DKH, Wong RKM, Yeoh KG, Tan KK. Surg Endosc. 2017 Aug 15.
5. Laparoscopic surgery should be considered in T4 colon cancer. Chan DKH, Tan KK. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2017 Apr;32(4):517-520. doi: 10.1007/s00384-016-2702-7.